São Félix

saofelix.jpg

Originated from the ancient tribe of Indians Tupinambás, São Félix, called city manger, provided the first Brazilian city formed under the Republican regime.

With architectural style of the century XVIII, the main buildings are: The Matriz Church, with invocation to God Boy, situated opposite the Ponte D. Pedro II, the Market Hall and the Cultural Center Danemann.

In the past, it was called the Industrial City, having been the largest exporter of cigars in the country, reason that motivated the construction of the railroad in 1881, the Central Railway of Bahia, and the famous Bridge railway station D. Pedro II.

Created by a German Gerhard Dannemann in 1873, the Cultural Center Danemann is the highlight of the city. Besides exhibitions, workshops, seminars and courses, it maintains a Cine Club and holds the Biennial Festival of Philharmonics in the Recôncavo. In this center, also runs a handmade cigar factory, which takes about 30 days (between mounting, drying and finishing) to complete the process.

On a walk through the city center one can admire the beauty and feel the poetry emanating from the scene formed by the houses, the bridge, the river, in such a way that it is impossible not to remember the verse of the poet and founding partner of the guesthouse: Mr. Israel Souza.


old bridge.
The eternal river.
the harbor, the houses.
Witnesses a past time not destroyed.
Israel Souza, São Félix.